Miami Federal Employment Lawyer Assisting FL Employees
Miami federal employment lawyer Ena T. Diaz represents persons that have not been treated fairly by their Florida employer. She helps you resolve disputes over issues including—
Legal basis for employee rights
Miami employment lawyer Ena T. Diaz uses all available federal and states laws to help protect the rights of employees. She knows how to deal with the challenging exceptions to the employee protection laws—and she knows how to defeat the sophisticated tactics that employers commonly use to avoid compliance with employment law.
Ms. Diaz makes you aware of how the law supports your rights. Did you know that—
- The federal minimum wage is $7.25 per hour, but not every worker automatically receives it. The Law Offices of Ena T. Diaz, P.A. helps you understand if you are entitled to earn minimum wage.
- If you are a tipped employee, you must also receive a cash wage of at least $2.13 per hour. But if the total of your tips and the cash wage do not equal the federal minimum wage, your employer must make up the difference. Ms. Diaz ensures that you are properly compensated.
- Women must be paid the same as men who are performing the same work, when both have the same skill level, productivity, and time working at the company. Ena T. Diaz helps you with your gender discrimination claim.
- An employer may not reduce your benefits based on age. However, there can be loopholes to this provision. Ms. Diaz represents you in your age discrimination complaint.
- Forced retirement is prohibited in most service industries, though it can be allowed in certain professional and government positions. Ena T. Diaz helps protect your retirement rights.
- Disability discrimination has special protection in federal employment—even in programs conducted by federal agencies or programs receiving federal financial assistance. Ms. Diaz uses her knowledge of the law to prevent disability discrimination.
- Victims of any workplace discrimination are not only entitled to back pay and reinstatement. Federal law provides for a trial by jury, and compensatory damages may be awarded. Ena T. Diaz helps you get fully compensated when you are a victim of employment discrimination.
You do not have to tolerate unfair workplace treatment. Ena T. Diaz uses her many years of experience as employment attorney in Florida to put the law to work for you.
Employment hearings and litigation
When your employment conflict cannot be resolved through negotiation, attorney Ena T. Diaz litigates your claim. Depending on the circumstances, this may involve representing you in hearings at the—
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- U.S. Department of Labor—Wage and Hour Division
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
Ena T. Diaz has experience representing clients in front of all of these administrative panels, and following through to a courtroom trial if necessary.
Speak to a Miami federal employment attorney to enforce your rights
If you are a Florida employee facing unfair treatment in your workplace, you deserve an initial consultation with an understanding Miami employment attorney. Contact the Law Offices of Ena T. Diaz, P.A.